Job Title: Commercial Accountant
Position Summary: This is an exciting role for an enthusiastic, highly collaborative accountant to support the Finance Manager in providing a high-quality, effective financial operations and reporting function to the business which covers financial and management reporting, budgeting and forecasting, revenue and settlement analysis along with providing insightful information to the business.
Organisational Structure: The Commercial Accountant will be part of a small team and report directly to the Finance Manager. The role will involve daily interaction with colleagues in the Commercial Optimisation and Operations teams.
The post holder will support the team by performing various tasks, including but not limited to:
- Month end reporting for multiple project companies (to gross margin level)
- Developing and preparing operational analysis reports to monitor operating performance against budgets / KPIs and to optimise decision making
- Produce operational budgets and forecasts
- Work with other team members to develop tools, models and processes that improve the analytical capabilities of the team
- Develop and manage operational process for revenue settlement and cost validation
- Log and take responsibility for investigations, working to resolve them quickly by interacting with internal and external stakeholders
- Support financial administrative matters for project companies
- Provide analytical support for commercial analysis and/or undertaking industry research.
Knowledge, Skills, Attributes and Qualifications:
- Part / newly qualified (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Previous experience of Microsoft Power BI desirable but not essential
- Previous experience of budgeting, business planning and forecasting ideal but not essential
- Demonstrate understanding of financial reporting including income statements and performance dashboards
- Excellent organisational skills with high attention to detail
- Proven problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Ability to demonstrate good commercial judgement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to explain technical information in a way that can be understood by Senior Management and colleagues
- Demonstrate a professional approach and attitude at all times
This list of duties may be subject to change to meet the future requirements of the business, such, it is neither exclusive nor exhaustive.
The role will largely be based at our Cardiff city centre office. Occasional travel will be required to industry events.