Recruitment Privacy Notice
- Welsh Power Group Limited is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. This privacy notice describes how we handle and protect the data that you have provided to us, in connection with our recruitment process. This notice provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR).
- By applying for a vacancy at Welsh Power Group Limited, you agree to the use of your information for the purposes set out below:
2. Information we collect about you
- We will collect information from your CV / application form or covering letter / email when you apply for a position or request further information from us.
- The type of information we may collect includes your name, date of birth, gender, postal address, personal e-mail address, and telephone number, so that we can contact you accordingly. We may also collect information about your job preferences and areas of interest, employment history, education and qualifications and salary, along with information classed as ‘sensitive’.
- We reserve the right to supplement the information that you provide to us with information that we receive later on from third parties, for example References (subject to your consent where required by law) and this may form part of your employment records if you are offered a position with us.
3. How do we use the information we collect about you?
- We will use the personal information we collect about you to:
- Process your job application when you apply for a specific position;
- Contact you about employment opportunities where your employment history, education and qualifications and salary expectations match our requirements;
- Keep records related to recruitment/hiring process;
- Analyse and audit the recruitment/hiring process and the outcomes; and to
- Comply with legal or statutory requirements.
- Unless required for legal purposes, or in connection with employment, Welsh Power Group Limited will continue to hold your details for a period of 12 months so you can be considered for other suitable positions. If you would like to have your personal information removed, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org at any time and we will remove your details within 5 working days.
4. If you fail to provide your personal information
- If you fail to provide information when requested, which is necessary for us to consider your application (such as evidence of qualifications or work history), we will not be able to process your application successfully. For example, if we require references for this role and you fail to provide us with relevant detail, we will not be able to take your application further.
5. Disclosing your data
- Welsh Power Group Limited may use external third party providers to perform certain services for us in relation to screening of your application. These services may include criminal records checks, previous employment checks, pre-commencement medical screening etc.
- Such third parties have access to your personal data solely for the purposes of performing these, and we require that such third parties have security measures consistent with applicable data protection laws.
- In addition, we may be required to disclose your information to other third parties as required by law and to protect our legal rights to the extent authorised and permitted by law.
6. How is your information protected?
- We take protection of your information seriously and have appropriate organisational and technical security measures in place to keep it safe.
- Welsh Power Group Limited restricts access to personal information whereby only individuals who need access to your personal information for legitimate business purposes have access to it.
7. Your Rights
- If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact (in writing) the:
Data Protection Team
Welsh Power Group Limited